Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday The 13th

Happy Friday the 13th!  Is that a thing you say?  I dunno.  Anyway, this day really means nothing special to me.  I'm not a terribly superstitious person. Well, most of the time.  I don't walk under ladders and I take great care to not break mirrors.  If I spill salt you better believe a bunch of it will go sailing over my left AND right shoulder, just to cover my bases.  I don't like to go to the checkout if it's the 13th lane...hmmm...I guess I am pretty superstitious.  I do have a black cat though!  She is awesome and not unlucky at all!  Also, I suppose if things started to go really south today I would blame it on the date.  But!  I don't go out of my way to avoid doing things on Friday the 13th.  I, like most people, don't have the option to not drive or eat or bathe or do a number of other everyday activities that could take a turn for the scary at any moment.  Plus, I fully intended on going out to dinner with my sister tonight, so neener neener Guy On The News Who Just Said People Avoid Doing That On Friday The 13th. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today and if something does go bad for you please, blame it on the date. 

1 comment:

  1. As I am typing this response, I'm forced to do this using one of my black cats as a wrist rest - and he is irritatedly sweeping his tail back and forth letting me know how annoyed his by my doing this - but really, he shouldn't be laying in front of my keyboard anyways.

    Anywho - You know, I never got the whole "breaking a mirror" or "walking under ladder" is "bad luck" thing - i would have thought that breaking a mirror or walking under a ladder are things to be avoided because they are DANGEROUS IN GENERAL. It's just common sense not to do those things!!

    I will be going out to see "Cabin in the Woods" tonight as a friend is treating me to see it (yay!) so, this will be the first time I'm doing anything "scarY' on Friday the 13th. Have fun going out to dinner! And wow - I never heard before that you're supposed to avoid going out to dinner on Friday the 13th - that one is new.

    ReplyDelete