Monday, July 23, 2012

The Halloween Hottie of the Day

When I was first forced to watch Hellboy by my husband I mumbled and grumbled before giving in.  It's not that I don't like comic book movies, per se, I just had ZERO interest in Hellboy.  Well, color me surprised when I not only loved it, I was taken, yes, swept away by the character Abe Sapien.  Who is this fluid-moving fish-man?!  He is wonderful!  I assumed he was mostly some sort of  CGI.  Not so!  He was all actor Doug Jones.  Yes, an actual human.  I now had to see Pan's Labyrinth because according to the IMDB he not only plays Pan but also that white long-fingered creature with his damn eyeballs in his hands, ya know, this guy:

That is all make-up!  On Doug Jones!  And this American actor learned all his Spanish lines and spoke them beautifully.  Doug Jones is the real deal, you guys.

I even sat through some weird NBC horror mini-series/one-shot show that aired like two years ago where he played some ax-wielding crazy just because I saw his name in the beginning credits.  (I am currently scanned Doug Jone's IMDB and I cannot even recognize the name of that show...) And indeed I squealed with delight when his name popped up in the guest credits of some random Criminal Minds episode I was watching one night.  Also, my heart did a million summersaults when I discovered he played Billy Butcherson in Hocus Pocus, one of my favorite Halloween movies ever.

He's such a helpful zombie, that Billy Butcherson.

Behold, Doug Jones!  He is outstanding:








No comments:

Post a Comment